Omicron ප්රභේදය – This variant has a large number of mutations, some of which are “concerning” stated the World Health Organisation (WHO).
Preliminary evidence suggests an increased risk of reinfection with this variant, as compared to other කොවිඩ් ප්රභේද.
The number of cases of this variant appears to be increasing in almost all provinces in South Africa where it was originally identified.
The B.1.1.529 variant was first reported to WHO from South Africa on 24 November 2021.
The sudden emergence of a new variant – named omicron by the World Health Organisation (WHO) – has provoked memories back to last winter, when the world was first informed of a new, more transmissible form of the virus, the Delta variant.
ප්රමුඛ COVID-19 වික්රියාව වැළැක්වීම කෙරෙහි නැවත අවධානය යොමු කර ඇත
1. Omicron is more infectious than the other virus strains.
2. එන්නත් නොකළ පුද්ගලයින් අවදානමට ලක්ව ඇත.
3. The Omicron variant could lead to ‘hyperlocal outbreaks.’
4. There is still more to learn about this Variant.
5. Vaccination is the best protection against the emerging Covid variants