Harley Street offers some of the premier cosmetic surgery in the UK, if not the world.
A range of exceptional cosmetic surgery practitioners are residents of Harley Street and they offer a range of treatments.
When seeking information on a cosmetic surgery procedure you should not be pressured into a decision. You should have the chance to talk to medical professionals and receive the very best advice and information. All the staffyou meet should be professionally trained and Nurses should be fully qualified and experienced in Cosmetic Surgery and show expertise, empathy and approachability.
The General Medical Council (GMC) Specialist Register lists all Surgeons in the UK, and those that specialise in Plastic Surgery. In Ireland, the Medical Council’s Specialist Register has a section on Plastic Surgeons who have to be qualified in both Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Surgery procedures. In addition to being on the Specialist Register, Surgeons should hold the qualification Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons, (FRCS) or equivalent from another European or Commonwealth countries.
Questions prior to Cosmetic Surgery
This checklist of questions to ask can help to make sure that the provider gives you all the details you need to know in order to make an informed decision on whether Cosmetic Surgery is right for you. Take it with you when you visit or telephone a provider, or to a personal consultation with a Surgeon.
• Who will carry out the treatment?
• What qualifications do they have?
• How long since their training in this treatment?
• How frequently do they carry it out?
• How many procedures/treatments have they performed?
• Do they have professional indemnity insurance?
Cosmetic Surgery Cost
• What will be the cost of the consultation with the Surgeon?
• What will be the cost of the treatment, including any materials I may need after it?
• If there are any complications, will I have to pay to have them treated?
• If I change my mind and decide not to complete the treatment, do I still need to pay the full cost for the treatment?