Private Vaccine Covid 19 Oxford will be available soon.
The UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) is expected to give approval for the Covid 19 vaccine imminently.
- UK regulator the MHRA has been analysing study data since mid November
- Testing suggests the vaccine is either 62% or 90% effective, depending on doses
- Either dosing regime looks good enough for approval, manufacturer says
If it is approved, the vaccine – which can, helpfully, be stored in a normal fridge – could get start getting rolled out just days later and be available to private clinics such as those in London’s Harley Street.
- Experts say having another vaccine available is vital: ‘Every day delayed counts’
- The new more-infectious strain of the virus may render three-tier system useless
- Pfizer’s jab difficult to distribute because it needs to be frozen; Oxford’s doesn’t
- MHRA regulators are expect to decide on approval by December 28 or 29 for the Private Vaccine Covid 19 Oxford
The UK has secured 100 million doses of the jab, four million of which are immediately available, allowing a major expansion in the NHS vaccine programme across the country.
Unlike the Pfizer jab, the Oxford vaccine can be stored in regular refrigerators, meaning it can be administered far more easily, from thousands of sites across the UK.
To register your interest in receiving the vaccine privately please complete the form below: